Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Speak Up: What Was Your Most Confident Age?

Can you pinpoint a time in your life--specifically an age in your life--when you felt most confident. Maybe it was 18, when you had so much opportunity ahead. Maybe 25, when you actually started kicking butt in your career. Or maybe it's right now. Find out what one recent survey had to say about age and confidence (hint: it's kind of surprising) ...


According to a survey conducted by British researchers, women's confidence peaks between the ages of 18 and 30. Then, expect a roller coaster ride of highs and lows in the 30s, followed by a peak at 40 and then, well (according to the survey, at least), it's all down hill at 44. In fact, the survey states that women felt life was basically "over" at 44.


Whoa. I don't know about you, but I'm certainly not looking at 44 as the end of my life. In fact, I'd like to think that 44 will bring all kinds of positive things like wisdom and exciting career developments (not to mention children who don't need me to do everything for them). So nope--I'm not buying any of this! You?


What was or is your most confident age? Do you think that life ends at 44? Please say no! And, 40-something Vitamin G readers, weigh in on what we have to look forward to in our 40s, please! (P.S. In case you're wondering, I'm 30.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment