Thursday, March 17, 2011

Has Anyone Ever Called You Fat? Let's Talk About The Meghan McCain Drama

Have you been following the GOP cat fight? The in-fighting that's been going on in the Republican Party just got personal when conservative radio commentator Laura Ingraham called Meghan McCain "plus-sized." What does Meghan's weight have to do with politics? Nothing. And that's why I'm fuming...


****


After taking the weight blows, she defended herself--and her body--on "The View" yesterday. Here's what she had to say:


"Everyone from Tyra Banks to Oprah [Winfrey] to Hillary Clinton to my mother -- why are we so obsessed with weight?" Meghan McCain said Monday on ABC's "The View." "That's what I feel like right now, I'm like 'Kiss my fat a--.'"


And, she continued: "What do young women think when I speak my mind about politics and I want to have a political discussion about the ideological future of the Republican Party and the answer is she's fat and shouldn't have an opinion," Meghan McCain said on "The View." "What kind of message are we sending women?" (Meghan posted some more thoughts on her personal blog. Read what she had to say, here. And check out this Glamour article: 12 Things You Don't Know About Meghan McCain.)


And, just to show how wacky things are getting out there, here's another tidbit: According to this ABC article, Meghan is a happy size 8. But when she was a size 10 during the presidential campaign, someone handed her a business card for a plastic surgeon and recommended liposuction.


Give me a break! Since when is a size 8--or a size 10--considered plus sized? (P.S. According to some experts, the average American woman clocks in at a size 12 or 14.) Meghan, you look great. Laura Ingrham, shame on you.


What's your take on this story? Does it fire you up? And, has anyone every made a rude comment about your body? It happened to me just last weekend when someone made several insensitive jabs about the baby weight I'm working on losing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment