Sunday, March 13, 2011

Diet Alert! This New Movie Is Going to Make You Really Hungry

Have you guys seen the new move Julia & Julia? I can't wait! Funny thing, though, every single person I've talked to who has seen the movie has the strangest warning. This flick, they say, will make you want to drive home and eat ...


Butter!


Weird, right? OK, so many not plain butter (gross, but some people actually have strange addictions to eating plain butter--true story!), but I hear that Julia Child, played by Meryl Streep, talks about butter so much in the movie that you will be helpless to resist making some sort of butter concoction when you get home. (P.S. Check out Meryl Streep's piece in this issue of Glamour about roast chicken!)


I've been a fan of Julia Child for ages (me and about a zillion other people, right?). I used to watch her PBS shows as a child with my mom, and later went on a Julia-Child-inspired cooking excursion to Provence years ago (heaven).


Have you seen the movie yet? What did you think? Did it make you go bonkers for butter?


P.S. Weigh in on the great butter vs. margarine debate: Which side are you on?

0 comments:

Post a Comment